A noise barrier is a sound-absorbent noise-insulating acoustic structure that is widely used to protect residential areas from the noise of roads and railways, factories, services etc.
The peculiar characteristics of Laterlite Expanded Clay aggregates makes it an ideal component for prefabricated porous concrete acoustic elements of various sizes and aesthetic appearance, for use as:
- sound-absorbent noise-insulating acoustic barriers (noise wall, soundwall, soundberm…)
- sound-absorbent facings for existing walls.
- Very good sound absorption at medium and high frequencies
- Wide variety of aesthetic treatments
- Durable and maintenance-free
- Excellent static and mechanical behaviour
- Totally incombustible
- Easy to transport and erect thanks to the lightness of expanded clay